DIY: Spinning Bait Lure Kits (via Mudhole Custom Tackle Company)
I ordered a spinning bait lure kit through Mudhole Custom Tackle Company’s website to experiment in basic lure making.
The kit comes with:
- 16 assorted color skirts (Purchased a secondary skirt kit to compliment this project from Mudhole)
- 10 ready-to-paint Ultra Spinner Bait heads
- 24 stick-on eyes
- 12 Willow Leaf blades
- 12 Colorado blades
- 12 snap swivels & clevices
- 48 beads
- 6 assorted paints (enough to paint 120 spinners)
- instructional DVD
- reusable tackle organizer
Results and Discussion:
The kit provided an opportunity for an introduction into the realm of largemouth bass lure making which has been a fascination (more of a curiosity) of mine for years. It wasn’t my first time doing similar types of projects but was the first time painting and creating spinner baits from pre-molded lures.